Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Values of a Business Plan



Kevin Geiger and Dr. Steven Gedeon gave great points on the importance of a business plan and the key points of a successful business plan. The changes I will make in my business plan are making sure my financials are clear for possible future investors and that the credentials of the staff are highlighted, as well as, a clear presentation of all services that will be provided. I will make sure that investors can view how my company will turn a profit. This will provide a strong foundation to build up my company.

I will work with my partner to fill in key core positions for the company before the business plan is presented to future investors. I want a future investor to see a complete team base of core members. Researching exact items needed for the office and needed for services to be completed efficiently will help to give accurate number for my financials. The executive summary will become more direct and focused on exactly what the company plans to do and how we will earn our revenue. This will help investors see where they can make their return on investment.

Paying attention to trends for start up businesses and industry trends are very important. Knowing what my competitors are doing can help my company grow and show our creativity and what sets us apart.

The sections I feel are most important are the executive summary and the financial of my business plan. When a future investor read the executive summary it will peak their interest to want to continue and read the entire business plan. The financials will give a clear picture their numbers of the possible success of the company. Once these sections are clear and well planned future investors will not hesitate to become part of my company’s success.

No comments:

Post a Comment